[OFF] I've been thinking about you a lot!

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
WhooHoo! That's got rid of the grey borders.

The only downside is that that the screen is drawn and then stretched and there's a noticeable delay but there's probably no way round that as it's a post-load operation which has to be applied. Unless Rev-Ed change the border size we're stuck with that but at least have a choice.

One way round that would be fetching pages through a proxy-server mechanism and altering pages before display. That would be a lot of work though and add through-put delays.

marcos.placona

Exactly Hippy, I think it would be overkill, as the delay on the page would be similar or even bigger than the actual delay it has right now (about 0.1-0.2 sec)

westaust55

Hey Marcos,

All sounding really good.

I am on my MS IE7 PC at the moment for a few days.

Will be back on the Mozilla based machine on Friday evening so can see how well it looks then.

great work,
Westaust55

marcos.placona

Hey Marcos,

All sounding really good.

I am on my MS IE7 PC at the moment for a few days.

Will be back on the Mozilla based machine on Friday evening so can see how well it looks then.

great work,
Westaust55
I'll soon be working on a IE version for it too, as BCJKiwi insists in sticking with it :D

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Quite a few could call it "bad form" to keep "bumping a thread". While it may be of interest to some, maybe many, readers who don't see it that way may start to see it as a nuisance. Imagine if everyone bumped their posts ;-)

Technical didn't say in their earlier reply you couldn't create an entry in one of the Finished User Project sections where it will have a higher profile than in this higher-traffic forum. It would be worth asking first ( as well as being a reasonable courtesy ) if that would be acceptable to Technical in this instance.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Marcos, another possible script you could generate if you felt like it - one which turns " and other tags from the old forums into what they should be would be handy. Especially being able to get the code tags back to showing something which is mono-spaced if possible.

marcos.placona

Marcos, another possible script you could generate if you felt like it - one which turns " and other tags from the old forums into what they should be would be handy. Especially being able to get the code tags back to showing something which is mono-spaced if possible.
I'll see what I can do Hippy, but that's a good idea.