Wireless signal and pump interference

GDSever

I recently picked up a couple of 315Mhz RF link pairs to play with from SparkFun and was considering using them to transmit serial data from two Picaxes located about 5-10 feet apart, however the transmitter would be sitting relatively close two decent sized (10 GPM) pump motors (although sealed in a control box)...

My question, being completely new to playing with wireless technology, is should I expect any signal distortion from the motors on my 315MHz serial signals?

manuka

Being lower freq & so close together should mean all the usual 433 MHz interference issues will be likely trivial. However suggest you trial the setup FIRST- perhaps with a UHF scanner.

leftyretro

As suggested just use a portable radio, one that has both AM and FM bands. I would suspect that you possibly would hear some noise on AM but would be rather suprized if you find additional noise on the much higher (but lower then 315mhz) band. Just find a spot between stations and listen to the noise as you power up the pumps to see a change in backround noise and static.

Lefty