Why no my laser work ?

Paix

I have to agree that it appeared to be a slow boat and a half, the best part of nine weeks in transit.

I too have had long waits, but nowhere near that length of time, but fingers crossed not had a no-show from China yet! A lot of potential Picaxe projects in the making.

You must have been particularly organised not to lose track of your detectors. Here we rely on reaching coincidence every now and then to determine which project is going to get worked upon :)

Buzby

26 feet without lenses is amazing range!
Tomorrow I shall try some more lasers from the batch that arrived today. I bought ten, so let's see if they are all as good.
I'll try another few S6986 sensors as well, I've got quite a few to try.

26ft amazing ?

This industrial sensor can detect upto 55m ( 180ft ! ) with no laser. http://vision-supplies.com/p/48579/sick-wl45-n250
( It's got a price to match !!! )

Here is a picture of the two types of lasers.
Lasers2.PNG

The little one works with the S6986, the big one doesn't.

More tests tomorrow !.

Cheers,

Buzby

Buzby

Tried a few more lasers and detectors, all worked just as good as the first test, easily reaching 7m with the prismatic tape reflector.
Laser_reflector.PNG
This is the reflective tape, but I have no specs or details about it. Can't even remember how I came to own it !.
I need a lot more, so I'll review those earlier posts showing some similar products.

The circuit I'm using is the standard one shown in earlier posts, and I've left the resistor on the laser board in place.
Power supply is 12v, and current used is about 6mA.

Now I'm designing a small PCB to hold the bits, with a transistor to invert the output, ( I need the LED 'on' when the beam is broken. )

Cheers,

Buzby