Where are the Sales guys!!

cactusface

Hi, Hello you in sales? is there anybody there?

Sorry I know this is not quite the right place. What about a sales section.
As you did'ent answer my email, here I am.

I recently purchased some items from you, this included some gears GBX023, I still managed to not quite understand your wording, and got a bag of 50 gears all the same size! what good is that to the average robot builder 1:1 =1. A bag of mixed gears including a few worms would be great!! I took the Diasize 60/31 to mean 60mm dia with 31 teeth but it is in fact the other way around... On a more positive point perhaps I should buy some packs and sell my own little bags of gears, anyone interested!! Going cheap say two of each size + 2 worms. Going back to these gear sizes!! what is 42/10, 42 mm dia with 10 teeth too course! or 10mm dia with 42 teeth much too fine! in fact do any of these gears mesh together at all?? Perhaps you could clarify the description.
My last post on this subject turned in to a chat about GPS for some reason.
Cactusface

westaust55

catus,

You raised this exact same question in another post on Friday evening.
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13498

Now on Sunday evening after two days over a weekend, when most business such as Rev Ed would not have been working, especially a Sales Department (TechSupplies ?) you ask again.

Two comment:

1. Please try not to start a new post on the same topic

2. Please be patient and given them a few working days to see if they answer.

Your previous thread possibly becase a chat on other topics because you raised the topic/theme about reselling which lead to comments about a second hand selling area on the forum.

Last edited:

cactusface

Sales..

Hi westaust55,

Point or points taken, it's all this decorating, I had to escape for a while and get rid of that paint brush.. No that's a poor excuse, I should be laying out or working on my buggy's Ultrasonic circuit. But then I am a little impatient! :confused: I will have to wait and see what comes along in the way of answers.
regarding the gear sizes, but hoped they would have answered my email by now.

Lets hope my next post is more useful or productive, regarding Picaxe and buggy's etc. hope to try a DS18B20 soon and try a bit of bit banging! whatever that is? I guess one bit at a time with a clock?
Regards
Cactusface

westaust55

Hi westaust55,

hope to try a DS18B20 soon and try a bit of bit banging! whatever that is? I guess one bit at a time with a clock?
Regards
Cactusface
Good luck.
All currently available PICAXE (08M, 14M, X, X1 and X2 parts) have the readtemp command for DS18B20, and thus they are easy to use.
What is the bit banging for?
Time for a different thread on any questions thereon.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Hi, Hello you in sales? is there anybody there?
Probably not on a Sunday and I'm not there so I can't check. It's not unheard of though for staff to work or try to help out outside of office hours ;-)

As you did'ent answer my email, here I am.
I cannot say what happened to your previous email. It may not have been received or you may not have received any reply sent, but it is not likely that a customer's email were simply ignored. Sometimes things do go wrong, and I'll bring this to the attention of the relevant department.

I recently purchased some items from you, this included some gears GBX023, I still managed to not quite understand your wording, and got a bag of 50 gears all the same size!
The tech-supplies site sells a range of miniature gears of different sizes as products GBX020 through GBX025 which are each packaged as a bag of 50 of a particular sized gear.

Going back to these gear sizes!! what is 42/10, 42 mm dia with 10 teeth too course! or 10mm dia with 42 teeth much too fine! in fact do any of these gears mesh together at all??
I don't know anything about gear terminology so cannot answer the technical question. On how useful any gear size or tooth arrangement is, That depends upon application and what the gear is intended to mesh with; the gears will mesh with other appropriate gears but I don't know if the range are intended to mesh with themselves or with others.

These appear to be gearbox gears ( "GBX" ) so I'd guess they were perhaps designed to mesh with each other and something like 42/10 maybe the tooth ratio / or the gearing that the gear provides, 42:10, but that is only speculation.

On the subject of having a section for selling I don't know if that would be possible or not. It would be simple enough to add such a forum but there is far more to it than that.

Such a section would inevitably lead to people who have no real interest in PICAXE signing up and using it, and Rev-Ed resources, for their own personal gain and quite possibly with the intent to rip people off. There are other issues as well but I suspect it would ultimately be more trouble than it is worth.

Last edited:

cactusface

Sales!!

Hippy,
Many thanks for your very comprehensive reply. I just needed to get hold of the right chap! There seems to be some confusion regarding what I suggested. What I had in mind was a place where users could make enquires regarding the items offered for sale, like my mix-up with the gears! Or suggest items that would be useful to members, not turn it into a swap shop!! or a free for all.
Regards
cactusface

fritz42_male

Actually a for-sale subforum wouldn't be a bad idea providing someone could actively moderate it.

Rules would be obviously no competing products and so on.

As an example, I found the Kiwi patch board by luck but it is a nice adjunct to the rev-ed boards (to the point where maybe techsupplies ought to consider selling them).

Also possibly sale of services such as programming.

elios

As an example, I found the Kiwi patch board by luck but it is a nice adjunct to the rev-ed boards (to the point where maybe techsupplies ought to consider selling them).
good to see you like those boards. Steve likes them too, i see. I would happily consider anything that comes my way.... Microzed is trying to get some more too, they are going through a lot. David must really be pushing them in australia.

Also possibly sale of services such as programming.
then there isnt any point in using picaxe on a hobbyist level??? am i wrong? Programming is all the Fun!! :D

Last edited:

Dippy

I thought Rev-Ed would programming for you if the numbers were juicy.
For a fee of course My Boy.

"then there isnt any point in using picaxe on a hobbyist level??? am i wrong? Programming is all the Fun!!"
- I think Fritz is talking about medium/large production runs... not doing your flashing LED programming for you. Are we getting muddled? Am I getting muddled?

Dippy

Sorry, yes, semantics.

I'm in the bad habit of using "programming" to mean "loading the PICAXE/IC with a tokensied or compiled drop of code".

I use hardware programmers all the time; which doesn't mean a little semiconductor man writing my code for me :)

In future I shall say something like "writing code" or "writing a program(me)" to mean typing in a list of instructions to be compiled or tokenised.