What is the difference between portc, and output?

MaltiK

high portc 1
high portc 2
high portc 3
and
high 1
high 2
high 3

what is the difference when referring to the Picaxe 28x1 Project Board, with the transistor Array and L293D?

alband

While on the subject, is it possible and if so what is the syntax for serout on portc?
I've looked in the commands manual and manual 1 and it only shows how to use portc as a general high/low output.

eclectic

At the risk of repeating myself,

Datasheet.
Circuit diagram = page 2
Connection diagram = page 5.

Spend a few minutes with a multimeter and it really will become clear.

e

MaltiK

At the risk of repeating myself,

Datasheet.
Circuit diagram = page 2
Connection diagram = page 5.

Spend a few minutes with a multimeter and it really will become clear.

e
Can you please just confirm for me that it is the Digital Inputs on the left of the Project Board?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Can you please just confirm for me that it is the Digital Inputs on the left of the Project Board?
That seems to be the case looking at the manual, given page 5 has a picture of the board with an arrow pointing to them labelled "Digital Inputs" :)

When in doubt I recommend using a multimeter to do a resistance / continuity check between a pin and the IC / component it is supposed to connect to. I usually do that with all boards I get from any source regardless. Not only does it verify there are no errors in documentation or silk-screening or differences in versions but it confirms that what they are indicating and what I think matches.

Once you've correlated chip pinout, circuit diagram, circuit layout, description and continuity testing before use and have made appropriate notes as necessary you can be more certain that nothing is going to go wrong or be misunderstood after that

westaust55

Using your picture as a reference,
- The orange outlined pins are the Analogue Inputs on Port A
- The yellow outlined pins are the Digital Inputs on Port C
- The pink outlined holes are the Digital Outputs on Port B
- The tan outlined holes are the Darlington Transistor Ouputs driven from port B

If you look at the AXE020 manual as already suggested, this is all (other than port ID's) clearly shown as to locations.

Last edited:

westaust55

For the PortC pins, other than the HSEROUT & HSERIN commands (which is fixed to the portC pins C6 and C7), other commands such as
SHIFTOUT, PULSOUT, SEROUT etc are only for the PortB OUTPUTS and will not operate on Port C.

Commands (other than i2c and spi functions, PWM1/2 with dedicated port C pin allocations on the 28X1) that will work with PortC are:
DIRSC, HIGH PORTC, LOW PORTC, PINSC