what is the difference between dowloading a program and reseting the chip?

BrendanP

I have a problem with a 28X1 program. When I first download the program in to the picaxe the program works perfectly. When I press the reset button the program malfunctions. (I have arest button on the pcb I designed). I resetting the picaxe would cause the program to run again fresh from the begining just like when you download a new program into the device.

What happens differently inside the picaxe when you download a program into the picaxe and when you reset the picaxe?

Update: It seems that even if I download a new program it doesnt run properly, but if I first of all clear hardware memory then download the program it then runs fine..... Im using the 28X1 with a GSM module, the picaxe learns and writes to eeprom the incomming calls number, it then replies to that number with a sms confirming that it learnt the number. Hithertoo I could just use the reset to start the program over again and then call it with a new phone and the device would learn that number which then gives that phone controll over the equipment.

Last edited:

Texy

I,m guessing here that your program, once run, is changing memory at some point and corrupting data or registers. You'll have to post your code.

Texy

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Download clears the eeprom memory, reset doesn't.

If you want to clear the eeprom memory on a reset aswell you need to 'write' 0 to all the relevant bytes at the start of your program.