What Could be Wrong?

motherhugger

i have this problem a while ago wherein i cant program the picaxe 28x1..

when i plug in the battery(4.3v) the servo jerks alittle bit so that was an indication that the battery is workin...

but i cant program it...

i tried to put 5volts the servo doesnt jerk and still i cant program it...

i tested the programming cable its fine....

but after 8-10minutes... it suddenly works! :eek:what could have been the problem?

hope that doesnt happen again..

BeanieBots

It is possible to get a PICAXE in a 'locked out' state such as very long pauses, serin or infrain where it does not check for the download sequence.

A power cycle or hard reset will get it out of such a loop.
If it happens again, wait until the download screen pops up before applying power.

Andrew Cowan

4.3v battery - sounds like it is almost dead.

I guess the servo jerk took a lot of power, and the bettery dropped so low the PICAXE wouldn't run. After 10 minutes or so, the voltage had risen again, so it programmed. Can you unplug the servo?

motherhugger

4.3v battery - sounds like it is almost dead.

I guess the servo jerk took a lot of power, and the bettery dropped so low the PICAXE wouldn't run. After 10 minutes or so, the voltage had risen again, so it programmed. Can you unplug the servo?
after 8-10 minutes it worked fully using servo,two motors and srf05...i used the same 4.3volts battery....

actually i unplugged the srf05 and then it worked so i reconnected the srf05 it also works...

Andrew Cowan

You say about the 4.3v battery - what should it be? Eg 3xAA=4.5v, 4xNicd=4.8v, 1xLiPo=3.7v...

Bb's reply sounds like like the answer - do you have any serins or infrains?

A

motherhugger

It is possible to get a PICAXE in a 'locked out' state such as very long pauses, serin or infrain where it does not check for the download sequence.

A power cycle or hard reset will get it out of such a loop.
If it happens again, wait until the download screen pops up before applying power.

the previous program as far as i can was testing the piezo speaker...

main:
sound 3,(100,50)
pause 1000
goto main

but instead of the piezo sounding the srf05's LED begin lighting up...the trigger is on pin3 i dunno i just followed the connections on http://letsmakerobots.com/node/66

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Servos, ultrasound sensors and other hardware can cause large in-rush currents, send a Sound command to an ultrasound sensor and weird things will happen.