Weather Monitor

Jeremy Leach

This is another project I'm adding. But the file is too big for this site, and considering the effort involved I've created an eBook at:
http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/make-a-weather-monitor/7538521

It is a self-contained 'Weather Monitor' system, that has an outdoor unit to collect the data, then an indoor unit to display. The outdoor unit communicates wirelessly with the indoor unit. The indoor unit logs the data and then can download to PC.

The system tracks temperature (two sensors), barometric pressure, humidity, wind-speed, wind-velocity and light-level.

Last edited:

Gavinn

Hi Jeremy,

This looks like a very do-able project! I might have a word with the author and design a proper PCB for it :)

Gavin.

Jeremy Leach

Yes, at the time I wrote this I hadn't got into home PCBs, but have now ! The use of stripboard perhaps makes it more accessible to the amateur as an intermediate project though?

There might be some changes you could make to the design too. For instance perhaps better to measure pressure using a voltage to frequency converter - lm331 rather than the op-amps. Plus perhaps use a 28X1 chip in the receiver unit because it would allow a lot more code. It still works well as it is though, and this sort of project is open to all sorts of experimenting !

Last edited: