Voice Recognition Modules - Question to marcwolf

hi. On your another thread you said that you used voice recognition module in your few projects. As i am going to use this in my project too. So i want to know few things to you. Can you tell me please
how many voice command it can performs?

How many outputs it has? Like, does it send command to master? Or it can control servo, led or speaker by its self?

Do i have to connect it with Master via i2c ?
If no then does it use saperate power supply?
Please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

westaust55

@Shah,

To my recollection forum member marcwolf may not visit this forum everyday, so you may be waiting for a response unless marcwolf is lurcking.

If you were to provide a link to the device in question or the thread where marcwolf provided some information then others here might also been able to help you.
In the absence of links, presuming the make and model are stated by marcwolf, have you tried a search for the voice recognition module to obtain the answers for yourself?

westaust55

A quick forum search found the thread – in fact one started by Shah .
The module is a sparkfun device with link given in post 2
Here: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10963

The user manual for that module is here: http://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net/datasheets/Dev/Arduino/Shields/EasyVR_User_Manual_3.3.pdf

Have you read that ?

Commands are covered starting at page 21 therein.

As your earlier thread was seeking a voice recognition moule and this thread is on exactly the same topic (both yreads by you) you could have just continued from the last thread and made life easy not having to search for the above links. :(

manuals is sometime unundtandable to me.

Thanks westaust. But the link of manuals cant open a window. Its says page not found. Anyway in your most replay you told me to read the manual. But to tell the truth i dont understan the manuals. Still i read. But i never get the answer of my questions. It seems very critical to me. Dont mind, that way i think forum is easer for me to get answers. One more thing is,if i post a question on my old thread do people read that? Thanks for your replay.

Last edited by a moderator:

westaust55

Thanks westaust. But the link of manuals cant open a window. Its says page not found.
I have just tried again from a different PC 20 km from the one I looked at at lunch time (my time) and I can still download the pdf manual file without problems.
Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed?

Dont mind, that way i think forum is easer for me to get answers.
That is not the right attitude to getting answers. I am willing to help those who try to help themselves . . . .

Marcwolf

The board connects to your PicAxe via a serial connection. This is on the main Sparkfun page. With the current project I am working on I have moved away from voice activation as I wanted to use a throat microphone and the unit was having difficulty with the low volume and selection. However at normal speech levels it work very well. Hope this helps Dave