Voice recognition and picaxe!

xtech007

Hi, all!!
About to go off on vacation soon, but on my free time (away from wife & kids) wanted to try voice recognition challange!

I have search the forum and different websites for Ideas and results...
My approach would be a vr3 module to picaxe . To do the following:
I say "hi" vr module recognize , sends a signal to a 28x1 then it sends another signal to an MP3 module and responds "hellow"!

The picaxe to MP3 module is something I have played with before,but not the vr module .
Here is the data for the module:
http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=168_170&products_id=2254

xtech007

forgot the question!

It specifies a serial connection can be done and hex format is the way the protocol works.

Can I gather data by using serin(pin)
Put it to variables and then compare those variables and then do something?

Or I'm missing something!

Thanks!

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
SERIN looks to be possible but you may have to use background serial receive if the data packets come in too quickly for that. Without exact timing details it's hard to say; which leaves try it and see.

You could always build a PICAXE bridge between the module and the control PICAXE which can take packets in and send out 'word recognised' bytes which would be more easily usable by the control PICAXE using SERIN.

xtech007

that's what I want to do!

Hi, all!
Back from vacations and unable to do any research due to my phone, and all electrical toys where taken away by wife. But not a copy of the manual!

Ok, so if I wanted to send out this data to the module using serout (Hex) how would the command look like?
Format:

| AA | 02 | 01 | 0A |