VMUSIC2 no audio output

tom955i

Hello Folks,

happy Christmas to you all.

On that note I'm trying to get a large Xmas ornament to flash and play a carol when a PIR is triggered and I'm having problems getting the VMUSIC2 MP3 player to output any audio, I think because it's not playing the mp3 file.
I've got an 18m2 hooked up to the VMUSIC2 player as it should be according to the instructions and what I've read on here and the led is telling me all is fine, but no sound.

When triggered the VMUSIC2 led flashes green constantly but the led on the USB drive does nothing unlike if I play the file on my laptop or pc. The only thing different I have done is use pin b.3 as the out put pin to the VMUSIC2 player whereas everything I've read uses pin b.6 which I can't do because I'm using a project board which has b.6 dedicated to motor driving.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, tom955i.

tom955i

Hello Technical,
thanks for your reply. It's a ch1035 board and I'm convinced that although the VMUSIC module appears to be doing every thing it should be it just isn't reading the USB drive.

I say this becasue I copied the reflash FTD file on to the USB stick but it wouldn't read that either.