Viewing bit state in the simulator

Dermotx

Hi,

Is it possible when using the simulator to view the state of a bit variable? I can view the byte and word variable no problem but can't find the present value or state of a bit.

Also,I have the latest version of the Program Editor, 5.2.11 and it is really superb but it doesn't seem to cover the 14M2 picaxe. I presume I'm correct in stating this as it doesn't appear in the drop down menu in options.

Thanks and Regards

Dermot

eclectic

Hi,

Is it possible when using the simulator to view the state of a bit variable? I can view the byte and word variable no problem but can't find the present value or state of a bit.

Also,I have the latest version of the Program Editor, 5.2.11 and it is really superb but it doesn't seem to cover the 14M2 picaxe. I presume I'm correct in stating this as it doesn't appear in the drop down menu in options.

Thanks and Regards

Dermot
The latest version is 5.3.1

e

BeanieBots

The latest version (5.3.1) DOES support the 14M2.
The simulator does show the bit variables in so far as it shows all b/w variables.
Simply use the binary value at the far right and count along to get the bit.

Dermotx

Thanks for that BeanieBots and eclectic. I am able to see the bit state now and it is really helpful.
Sorry about my mistake with the latest version. I actually did download the latest version to my PC but forgot to update my laptop.

Thanks again.

Regards
Dermot

westaust55

@Dermotx

In simulation mode there is a button which enables you to display the variables in decimal/hex and also in binary. You can also see the ports
In binary you can see the individual bits.

Attachments