VDRIVE2 - Not Working

Hello,

You guys must be getting good at fixing up problems, so here goes.

I have a VDRIVE 2 module, that worked for a friend. Now Ihave it, and I can't get it to write to a file or create one.

This is for yet another data logger project (seen a few of them by now, I know!)

I have copy pasted the code written by BJCKiwi (Couldn't find Technical's code...).

I get the correct D:/> prompt after file IO commands, but when plugging it into a computer I see nothing.

I tried to upgrade the firmware (to the latest version: 3.68) but I got no indication of it recognising the file. I can't remember the file name off the top of may head, but it was EXACTLY as written by technical. I even tried capitalising it as per the data sheet!

If you need to see the output from BJCKiwi's example, I can grab it =). I'm on a different computer at the moment...

Thanks for any help you can provide,

MM

EDIT: If it helps, I am using a 4GB Digitor Brand USB Stick formatted to FAT32. Will try FAT16...

Last edited:
The weird thing is, the DIR command returns the files that should be there. When hooked up to a computer, they are not there.

Do I need a special program to get them off the drive?

Problem Solved!

I used an older flash drive (It's 32MB!). It's formatted to FAT16, and the VDRIVE notices it straight away!

So if you are having problems with your VDRIVE, try an older flash stick!

I don't want to risk buggering it up, so will update the firmware after the science fair :p. Nothing worse than bricking it!

Thanks,

MM