Universal PICAXE Programmer Board

MearCat

I have been working with various PICAXE chips for a few years now and have usually been programming them while in place on-board, or using a home-built programmer (on an experimenters board using multiple ZIF sockets) but it had been bugging me for a while that I couldn't find an all-in-one board that could program any one of the PICAXE chips since Rev-Ed stopped selling their AXE080 programmer, and something that wasn't as big as the Rev-Ed AXE091 Development board. I wanted something I could rapidly program chips in quick succession.

So this what I came up with... A board measuring 95mm x 70mm which you can insert any of the PICAXE chips (8 pin through to 40 pin) in the 40 pin ZIF socket. Simply select the chip you want to program via the four slide switches (each switch connects the pins to be used for power, serial communication, reset button and resonator). It has a connection for a battery pack (or power via USB cable), connector for the AXE027 programmer cable.

I also included two pin headers for connection to eg. an external breadboard (although powering the board with the USB cable will have limited current for external connections)

This has made my life heaps simpler since getting this fabricated. I hope you guys like it.

IMG_3552.jpg IMG_3554.jpg

MearCat

No, nothing new. I recently remembered that since I had actually finished the board design (v2.1), I hadn't shown it in the projects forum section. I had a minimum batch of PCBs fabricated and have sold about a dozen of them, but the feedback I've received so far has been positive but not included any suggested improvements.

I didn't realise it was so long ago since I designed the board!