trainer for picaxe

BeanieBots

Hi and welcome to the forum.
What suggestions are you after? Maybe if you could give more detail about the intended use we could help.
First off, not many people have the time to draw a diagram from your layout. Please post the schematic.
Serial ports on PCs are quite rare these days. Any special reason you have moved away from the recommended programming socket which supports the approved programming cable?
(this has caused countless issues in the past).

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
We would not generally recommend or encourage the use of this type of programmer.

Having shared serial programming signals to all PICAXE devices allows mistakes to be made with multiple PICAXE chips inserted into the board and we would recommend a separate programming connection for each chip socket and we would also recommend using standard 3.5mm jack socket connections for programming.

All V+ and 0V pins of chips should be connected so connections should be made to leg 8 of the 28-pin socket and legs 11 and 12 of the 40-pin socket.

jose-8m2

Hi

I found the diagrams in the manual that is in the official website picaxe, I used the resistors 22k, 10k, 180 ohm connections every picaxe complete them in parallel, use the DB9 serial connector, the source of 5 VDC regulated.
for my personal opinion, take a single plate 6 picaxe models for serial programming.

use the usb-serial converter. and picaxe editor software.

thank you

jose luis Colombia

jose-8m2

hi

I apologize, my intention is not to spread this design, much less promote it, but to ask for suggestions or recommendations to the board, I have designed for 6 picaxe programming models, parallel connections are made​​, use the 22k, 10k resistors, 180 ohms, DB9 serial connector, usb-serial converter.

I'm just studying these picaxe microcontrollers, I'm an amateur in picaxe.

if they upset my design, I apologize.

thank you

jose luis