Toneburst

hamtech

I am installing a remote head for.a mobile transceiver in my car and as i am unable to use a microphone whilst driving i Will be using aheadset, which is my problem. i need to be able to access the repeater near to where i live. This takes the form of a 1750hz tone burst lasting for about 2 seconds n to of the radio signal I have built a circuit using a 08m2 chip. It activates a tune sound for about 2 secs but i cannot get a tone close enough to open the repeater.

i am using a tune command tune pinc.2, 30,(d8/9) tried both.... . To generate a tone close to 1750hz. Is it possible to be more accurate as i. am 30 or so hz off frequency. i have tried sound command but cant getter any better.

I get a nice square wave out butthe wrong freqency, i pass square wave through a low pass filter to make it near sinusoidal. Just need a command to give me 1750' i cant seem to crack it. T hanks for your help in advance.

hamtech

Srnet,
Thanks using the wizard got what i needed, my only problem is getting the repeater to respond - it doesnt.
However if i put a speaker on the output of the 8m2 on my breadboard it will with a mic connected to the radio open the repeater using the generated tone. When i get clever and use it in circuit it refuses to open the repeater.. I am mystified..

srnet

Could be to do with level, or harmonics.

The microphone may have a fairly effective and narrow filter on it for instance.

You would need to compare the two transmitted waveforms to check for any differences.

Goeytex

My guess is harmonics caused by the sharp square wave.. You could possibly soften the edges of the signal with a low pass filter. If the level is too high then a voltage divider might solve that.

But, wouldn't a sine wave be better?

While it would be complicated to have a Picaxe generate a sine wave, a dual OP AMP can do a pretty good job of it. I have had pretty good luck doing a quadrature oscillator using an LM358.

http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/apps/msp/journal/aug2000/aug_07.pdf