techsupplies SEN050 Miniature Microswitch

alband

Hi,

In the switches page 2 the breif description for this is:
SPDT with 43mm lever.
Is it really SPDT? Only reason I doubt is I've commonly come across switches like that which are just simple PTM or PTB (so, SPST) switches. It's used in the PIC buggy, and the datasheet for that uses that as simple PTM switches. That doesn't mean they're NOT SPDT of course, but perhaps less likely that they are.

If it is indeed SPDT (as the number of pins would suggest), that's great, I need some and will get some :) I want to make sure that's what I get though ;)

Thanks in advance,
David.

AllyCat

Hi David,

I would be very surprised if it's not SPDT (i.e. a "change over" switch). I believe micro switches of this type (as opposed to the simple "push button" type) nearly always "snap" between two contacts. If you magnify/look carefully at the photo, the 3 pins appear to be marked COM, NO and NC (from left to right). Of course the manufacturers might be using a standard moulding (or the photo is wrong), but you'd be completely entitled to a refund if it's not SPDT.

Cheers, Alan.

alband

Great, should do nicely then. Thanks for the confirmation Technical, such a favourable reasorce compared to most companies' "contact us".

@ AllyCat: I know what you mean about the "snap" you'd expect from a "change over" switch, but that's what threw me off, figured it looked like an unlikely candidate for a "snap", more like a "clicky" push switch. Well spotted with the contact names though, should have seen that myself!

Thanks,
David.

alband

Sorry to bring this back to the top again, especially given this could be a bit of an obvious question to some, but just there's just one other thing I forgot to check.
Is the switch a "break before make" type? That-is, does the Common break contact with the NC before making contact with the NO? Using it to switch power supplies so I don't want there to be a point when they're are both connected.

Many thanks,
David.

alband

Thanks, that's good enough evidence for me. Great wikipic too! Always fun seeing how they work :)

Thanks,
David.