Switch, trigger and code question

DanoNJ

As I have stated prior, I have no code experience. I can not seem to get a switch and a trigger to work at all.

All in all, the code seems to work for me, that is until I inserted “if __then” statements. The main body will still work, but the switches has no influence on the code.

Here is the lay out:
C.4 will be connected to the main start button. So, I want the system to be dead until that button is pressed. I believe I currently have the pin pulled low until the button is hit.
Currently when I turn on power, the prop will begin to run. The switch has no effect.

Secondly the dump rod does not run at all.

What I need to happen is that a second switch will be triggered to turn off the dump rod.
That switch will be connected to C.3.
Again, currently pulled low.

I used the diagram in Manual 3 for wiring the switches which are micros. I also saw this page which talks about different code to use - http://www.picaxe.com/Circuit-Creator/Switches/Microswitch/

Very confused...

I added a picture of the prop - maybe it will help understand what I'm doing

Thanks so much for the help!
Code:
[color=Navy]#picaxe [/color][color=Black]14m2[/color]

[color=Blue]symbol sugar [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]b.1
symbol stripes [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]b.2
symbol gears [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]b.3
symbol pump [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]b.4
symbol rod [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Blue]b.5

servo b.1[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]servo b.2[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]servo b.3[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]servo b.4[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]149[/color]
[color=Blue]servo b.5[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]

[color=Blue]input[/color][color=Black]: [/color][color=Blue]c.4 [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Navy]0[/color]
[color=Blue]input[/color][color=Black]: [/color][color=Blue]c.4 [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Navy]0[/color]

[color=Black]main:[/color]

[color=Blue]if [/color][color=Purple]b4 [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Navy]1 [/color][color=Blue]then start1:  [/color][color=Green]'starting switch pushed[/color]

[color=Blue]start1:                 [/color][color=Green]'main program[/color]

[color=Blue]servopos sugar[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150     [/color][color=Green]'left elf dump sequence[/color]
[color=Blue]pause [/color][color=Navy]1000[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos sugar[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]70[/color]
[color=Blue]pause [/color][color=Navy]2000[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos sugar[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos sugar[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]70[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos sugar[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]pause [/color][color=Navy]3000[/color]

[color=Blue]servopos stripes[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150     [/color][color=Green]'right elf dump sequece[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos stripes[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]70[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos stripes[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos stripes[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]70[/color]
[color=Blue]servopos stripes[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150[/color]
[color=Blue]pause [/color][color=Navy]3000[/color]

[color=Blue]servopos gears[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]155     [/color][color=Green]'start up gears   [/color]
[color=Blue]servopos pump[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]156      [/color][color=Green]'start up pump[/color]
[color=Blue]pause [/color][color=Navy]5000[/color]

[color=Blue]servopos rod[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]75        [/color][color=Green]'start up drop rod[/color]

[color=Blue]if [/color][color=Purple]b3 [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Navy]1 [/color][color=Blue]then start2:  [/color][color=Green]'if microswitch tripped, stop drop rod[/color]

[color=Blue]start2:
servopos rod[/color][color=Black], [/color][color=Navy]150       [/color][color=Green]'drop rod stopped[/color]

[color=Blue]goto [/color][color=Black]main               [/color][color=Green]'hold till button pressed[/color]

Attachments

bpowell

Well...here are a few quick observations to get you going...

You're using C.4 and C.3 as INPUT...that's good...but you declare C.4 twice...so check on that.

Then, in your main program, you're saying, "If [variable] b4 = 1 then [goto] start1"...you should be testing for if C.4 = 1, not b4...b4 is just a variable that you haven't assigned a value to yet.

That being said...after the first "if-then"...the program will then "fall into" start1:....so, to prevent that, you should have something like...

main:

do
if c.4 = 1 then gosub start1: (be sure to add a "return" to the end of your START1 routine)
loop

This will keep your program from doing anything until C.4 is high.

Same thing with your "if b3 = 1 then start2:" line...I think you want to test C.3, not B3...

Oh, and you should add a .1uf cap across + and - on the Picaxe....this will keep the chip stable with all those servos pulling power and moving around.

Good luck!

techElder

All well and good, but your program doesn't look like you intended it to be a multi-tasking program. You have a problem with labels.

Manual 2, Page 267. Appendix 3 - Reserved Labels
The following labels have special meanings and are reserved for use with that specific purpose only:
interrupt:
start0:, start1:, start2:, start3: start4:, start5:, start6:, start7:
(interrupts - see setint command) (parallel tasks - see restart command)

Also, see Manual 1, page 62 for more explanation.