Supplied drivers do not work with many Windows 11 machines

system11

Are there any newer drivers available or planned? On Windows 11 with Core Isolation enabled, the drivers will just throw an error 39 and fail to load. This is the default setting now for many machines including all supplied by Lenovo for example, and an important security feature.

papaof2

Hardware drivers need access to lower-level hardware than any other software so Core Isolation *should* have the equivalent of giving permission for specific things.
I have no plans to run Windows 11 and have Microstupid own my PC.
Possibly time for a mass move to Linux?

system11

I saw in another thread people are using drivers from elsewhere which are newer (not sure where) and those contain security fixes as well as the ability to run with core isolation, so Rev Ed just need to update from the later versions of the ones I assume they based these on.

tggenamho

Banned
To find newer or planned drivers, I recommend visiting the official website of your device manufacturer, like Lenovo, and checking for driver updates specifically designed for Windows 11. They often release updates to address compatibility issues.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is this the first visit to the forum by an AI-Generated Spambot ?
Possibly and perhaps therefore the first one to get banned.

It is not a recently registered account so, if it is human operated, and the information was provided in the belief that it was useful, the user can contact us using the usual support email and we can lift that ban.

We usually catch and ban the spammers when they register but some do get through then lie low. We will usually catch them the first time they post

marks

Just newly installed w11pro on my newish home PC🙃

loaded PE 6.1.0.0 which hasn't changed. all ok!
tried ch340g serial loads quickly and seamlessly.

Thought I'd try the picaxe027 cable looking at Device Manager using the PE editor.
It didn't appear at first but soon seamlessly self-installed off the internet with the latest driver 2.12.36.4 5/7/21.
so I can expect w10 users will now also experience the same convenience!

Last edited:

PhilHornby

Thought I'd try the picaxe027 cable looking at Device Manager using the PE editor.
It didn't appear at first but soon seamlessly self-installed off the internet with the latest driver 2.12.36.4 5/7/21.
So presumably you'd previously changed the AXE027 PID to 6001? (because those drivers don't support PID BD90).

'Seamlessly self-installed' implies they downloaded from Windows Update. I'm amazed FTDI Chip have released them to Windows Update at this late stage of their life - it was previously necessary to download them from FTDI's web site ...

marks

pid 6001 always self updated on my windows 10 pc so it may depend on which version you have.

pid bd90 is now supported I just tried a w10 pc plugged the axe027 and the drivers updated to the latest version
if I didnt look in device manager I would have never known.

pid_BD90.jpg

PhilHornby

pid bd90 is now supported I just tried a w10 pc plugged the axe027 and the drivers updated to the latest version
if I didnt look in device manager I would have never known.
I stand corrected ❗

The official download site appears to have been updated (14th Sept) and we've finally got a signed installation package for some up-to-date drivers

They appear to have made it to Windows Update too, because I deleted all trace of them from my (Windows 10) system and re-plugged the AXE027; within a short period the drivers installed without any intervention.