Spam e-mail from member (Who else)

gbrusseau

Has anyone else been spammed by "stephanie2".

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is this spam being received by real email or by in-Forum Private Message ?

It seems a strange way to promote Buddhism, more likely to lead to wanting to kick someone's head in than embrace them with universal love and joy.

Dippy

It's probably a 3 foot tall bloke with a beard and acne who lives near Reno, Nevada, United States.

How about putting the username on your ignore list...?

lahaye

Got that message too. On ignore list now. Let's hope this spamming doesn't become a habit. Anybody had that before?
Only got the message once, as a Re:, though I haven't sent "her" any PM...?
I suppose nobody clicked on the link? I'm not gonna but I got a feeling it won't be about buddhism.

Florian

Ralpht

Yep, Same here.

Got it as a private message. Had me confused :confused: for a while as I am actually interested in Buhddism and Taoism but that is purely a personal matter and I couldn't work out whay it was on this forum.

Like Dippy said, probably a 3 foot tall bloke with no di@k.:D@#.K

Dippy

Well, as long as it made you feel better...

I didn't say he was a 3 foot tall person with no disk.
But his IP was centred at Reno.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Banned. Sorry for inconvenience, once we know who is doing it they are easily banned. They never PM the moderators to start with, so letting 'Technical' know by PM is the best route.