Some progress made....

manie

To Hippy'ss, Dippy's, BB's, EC's, Boriz's, Wolfgang's, Dr.A's, Stan's, Westy's and... and... and... everyone who contributed to my sum total knowledge (still consider me a NOOB), that has brought me this far. The chook-house project has grown and suffered and re-established itself and throughout I received guidance when I asked. Sometimes I was left out to dry with GOOD EFFECT, because then I just HAD to get it right myself.

The chook-house is currently installed and undergoing "endurance" testing... that DARNED electric fence exciter is still a tiny problem but we will move it away, out to the fence itself in a "Faraday Cage" of it's own. The RF 433MHz works beautifully across the little 110 meter gap (across the electric fence) without a problem. I still have to install improved limit switches, then it will be a completed and running project.

From Dr.A's thread on Robotbasic, I downloaded and wrote a small app to receive and display the RF comms from the chook-house in the owners study. Here is an example.

Kindly pull it to pieces if you think ANYTHING can be improved and let me know here.

BIG thanks to all who helped...

Attachments

Dippy

Well that looks great manie.

I'll enjoy seeing pictures of your electric fence in a Faraday cage ;)

MPep

Looks great Manie.

Suggest you write this up and put in he Finished Projects section of the Forum.

manie

Good stuff. Any chance of getting a peek at your RB code?
Boriz, thats the interface only. The complete code still "in development". RB looks easy enough to use though the RB editor can take lessons from the Axe PE !!;) I am busy with some of the event handlers still but sure, can post something later..

wlie

manie
I am interested in your chook-house project. Is it possible for you to upload drawings and program codes?

manie

wlie(or William or is it Bill ?): You will see me on the forum between DIFFERENT projects. The chook-house controller has been installed and short-time tested on-site. The farmer will be back from Japan this comming Saturday. Then we will finalise the shutter movement LIMIT controls as well as move the, TAKE NOTE DIPPY, electric fence ENERGISER out into a metal box, away from the controller. So far, it has worked well except that occosionally the fence spikes the 20x4 LCD and you can't read it. The RF output to the PC shows the rest of the circuit is still running fine (but local keypad control is out of the question then). As soon as that has been rectified, I will need to tidy up and make it presentable here at this esteemed forum. Hope you can wait a while...

wlie

Of course I wait. The special interest is the connection to the Robot Basic and programming here.

...and yes, my name is William. The term Bill is a U.S. invention.

manie

William: Only now see you're Danish... I think though that "Bill" is quite "English" and the nick-name is probably OLDER than the whole of the US...

Still a lot of work to do in RB to interface properly, but I will keep at it....