Shipping from picaxe store

ac21

Has anyone ordered anything from the picaxe store who's living in the US, I'm in Houston TX and want a PCB scope(OSC001) but just wondering how long it would take for me to get.

rq3

Has anyone ordered anything from the picaxe store who's living in the US, I'm in Houston TX and want a PCB scope(OSC001) but just wondering how long it would take for me to get.
I buy surface mount 20M2 from them. It takes about 1 week to Connecticut.
Rip

Pongo

Same here, about a week to California. A 'scope might be slower because it's a larger package but should still be OK.

rq3

Oddly, it doesn't work the other way into Europe. I sell a commercial Picaxe based product. Four went to Germany with no problems via an APO (military post office box). The installer screwed up, and needed new connectors. I shipped. They didn't arrive. I shipped again. They didn't arrive. I shipped yet again, and yet again they didn't arrive. The fourth go-round, I gave the guy the Molex part numbers, and suggested he try to get samples locally. His samples arrived the same day that the FIRST shipment did. Samples - 1 week, first shipment - 3 MONTHS. Even more bizarre, the customs tracking showed that all 3 had cleared customs, which implied that the envelopes were randomly wandering around in the German mail system.

An amusing note in the other direction. As a kid, I'd entertain myself with the "Amateur Scientist" column in Scientific American magazine, and became enamored of building a proton spin magnetometer. It required a pot core transformer, available only from Siemens in, you guessed it, Germany. They agreed to send a sample. I'd forgotten what it was for when it arrived over TWO YEARS later.

I still have it.

Rip

Pongo

Same experience, I've had packages sent to the UK spend a couple of weeks in limbo between landing there and finally arriving at the destination.