Shiftin command on 20X2

MTO-33F

Hello ,

I've a problem with the command SHIFTIN ( SPIIN ) applied to 20X2 ...

I obtained a correct operation only if I defined C3 - C4 or C5 as pin "sdata" so that no such restriction is mentionned in the manual ...

More,modes 4 to 7 ( idle high ) does'nt work ( even at 8 Mhz ) while modes 0 to 3 ( idle low ) work seamlessly up to 64 Mhz !

( Note that replacing the 20X2 doen't modify the problem )

Is this normal ?

Thank you in advance for your reply .

MTO-33F

Hello ,

I did the tests using chips to the revision C1 ( that I bought at TECH - SUPPLIES only 7 months ago )

Indeed , it works much better by trying with chips to revision C2

However , high idle modes are still not working and when I defined B.1 as "sdata", the value of bits read is inverted (0 -> 1 and 1 -> 0)

Can you give me the date of commissioning of the revision C2 and if this one is the last known ( C3 ? )

How can I inquire about the status of revisions for each product , and is it possible to upgrade an old firmware by dowloading a newer version ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also , would it be possible to insert breakpoints in a program ( outside simulation mode ) and run it step by step in debug mode ?

If yes , thank you for telling me how , because I have not found ...

Thank you in advance for your reply .

Cordially

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
How can I inquire about the status of revisions for each product , and is it possible to upgrade an old firmware by dowloading a newer version ?
Latest revisions of firmware are described in the firmware.txt file placed in the Programming Editor install directory. Usually -

C:\Program Files\Programming Editor\firmware.txt

It's not possible to upgrade firmware yourself but we offer upgrades for no more than the cost of postage; make sure the chip won't be damaged in transit ( an IC tube cut to size is best ), pop it in a suitable envelope and post to the Revolution Education Ltd office address. Don't forget to include a return address ! We'll upgrade to the latest firmware and post back.

Also , would it be possible to insert breakpoints in a program ( outside simulation mode ) and run it step by step in debug mode ?
At present that's not possible. You can achieve the same by including DEBUG or SERTXD then read a pin status ( or even use SERRXD ) to then continue after the information has been received.