Servo controlled by potentiometer "problem"

Soar 11

HI,
I'm retired and just got into picaxe....and now I'm hooked. Using an AXE Stack-28 with a 28x2 I have been able to complete many of the tutorials including a potentiometer controlling lights and a downloaded program to control a servo. Have tried in vain to write a program where a potentiometer controls a servo motor and just can't do it. Have searched the internet as well as this forum and can't locate any code that might help me, can anyone provide the appropriate code so that I might learn some more.
Many Thanks

inglewoodpete

Hi Soar 11, Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

The forum has a good search capability. I took your two key words "servo" and "potentiometer" and did a search and found many possible threads that you would find useful.

To my mind, this one is particularly good because it also discusses the theory behind what you want: translation of ADC values (0-255) to servo values (75-225).

Last edited:

Soar 11

Thanks inglewoodpete, I have been entering the searches as a phrase rather than just simple words so now I know my mistake. You're right, there is a lot of helpful info once you get to the right place.