scale and 20x2 to display 7 segments (Multiplex 6 digitos)

phoenix70

hello friends, greetings from Venezuela, excuse my English, the problem is this, I need to repeat in 7-segment displays, the weight of different types of scales, these are reported continuously, displays need to be small, or 5 " to another type.

I elected for the PICAXE 20x2, from there take the port B for the 7-segment with a ULN2803, and port C to control the displays, if I do it in a slow within 1 second between each number, it looks good, but slow, but trying to multiplex, do not look right, the brightness of the LED's and tend to merge, including some not seen, but can see the previous digit. As I multiplex?, I was reviewing an example of hippy in the forum, but really did not understand the function of PulseOut? I hope to help them leave the code something simple that I do not say the program, but tell me where and how to rectify this failure, the system works capture and display the data, but only if it is slow to display with a display delay 1 sec.

EYE: wait 1 sec in the program is only for test is not well in the program.

Thanks and I hope can help me or guide me

The file is repetidor 2.bas, the other is wrong is other aplication

http://rapidshare.com/files/326136421/158.mp4.html

Here's a video, this works but blinking, as if it were not fast enough, if I do it with 2 displays if it works, any suggestions? help me please, any thing or idea

Attachments

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I would suspect the problem is with the following ( and other similar ) code -

let pinsC = %00010000
read b3,millar2
let pinsB = millar2

wait 1

let pinsC = %00100000
read b1,millar3
let pinsB = millar3

When you change pinsC you are not clearing what was previously displayed on pinsB, the display therefore blurs onto the following digit until updated. This will become more noticeable as the display time is reduced.

The display needs to be blanked after display.

phoenix70

thanks hippy

I already know, why not multiplexing well, something that slows the program, which consumes time and led off, in that instant, are debug and serrxd.

1) Remove the debug b1 (and I improve enough), but still blinking

ptr = 1 'Reset

main:

cptrinc, @ ptrinc

blinking los displays,

however

ptr = 1 'Reset

serrxd [100, MAIN], (control), @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc

main:

Perfecto, but not update the displays, only the first time

as I would do to get the serrxd the loop? and update the information?

any suggestions?

-----------------
serrxd (control), @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc, @ ptrinc

also tested so no time out, and is the same

Last edited: