RoboRemoFree App with the HC-06

joe paul

Hi Folks,

I am using the RoboRemoFree app for Android and it is the best I have found. (Using the 18M2 PicAxe chip with the HC-06 Bluetooth module.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuChsnBDsbz-3okYHiIqHSw/videos

I needed to figure out the slider settings; this old dog doesn't pick up as fast anymore.

So here is what the manual says:

"SET ID---Sets the slider id string. For example if id is “s1” and you move the slider to
the value 100 and command ending is “\n”, it will send “s1 100\n” (id followed
by space followed by value followed by command ending)."

There is a setting in the app where no "space" is sent between the ID and value, and that is what I used.

So I set the ID at just "s" and the values for the slider from 0-4, and here is my serin code:

Code:
serin C.0, T9600_8,b0,b1
As I have it, the possibilities from the remote's slider are s0, s1, s2, s3, s4 for my 4 speed settings, the s0 is for "off."

If "s3" is sent from the remote, b0=115 and b1=51. (115 is for ASCII lowercase "s" and 51 for ASCII "3")

It is a great app, very easy to learn with the help of the videos.

Here is a tip I got from the app's creator for easy connecting after pairing:

"Make sure you have the latest version (in menu -> about it should say v1.6).
Then open menu -> more options -> RFCOMM settings and choose "auto" and "default" and press OK."

I really appreciate all the kind help I have gotten here, so I hope I can pass along something in return.

Take care, Joe.

Last edited:

joe paul

Hi Folks,

I tested my idea a little today; I apologize for the bad production values in the video below:

I appreciate all the help from everyone here! Thanks!

Still perfecting the code.

Take care, Joe

Last edited:

erco

Great setup Joe! I found an HC05 and am sending serial strings to micro from my phone already. Big fun!

joe paul

Great setup Joe! I found an HC05 and am sending serial strings to micro from my phone already. Big fun!
It's great when everything is working. That app is free but you only have 5 buttons/sliders, or you have to upgrade to the paid version. Might do it to get more control. I need about 14 buttons.

Take care, Joe.

Last edited: