Right sensor not working in Picaxe Micromouse kit!!!

bugmenot1234

Hello there pplz of forum, I am constructing micromouse from Picaxe. I came across a problem, that after finishing the construction part and loading up the test programs provided with the kit, I came to know that my right sensorLED is not glowing when I place a wall on right hand side of the sensor:confused:. The front and the left sensors are working perfectly as well as the motors and relay. But the right sensor is not detecting the wall. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Minifig666

I know you've probaly already tried this but:
Check all of your board for shorts and damage to traces.
Check the code to see if you may have deleted a bit
Get out a digital camera and see if you can see a blue light from the LED
Are there any unfilled holes in your board?

westaust55

Do you have the LED mounted the right way around?

There should be a small flat around the rear rim (leg at that side is the Cathode) and from the datasheet images and info, that should be to the front of the mouse.

Attachments

Last edited:

bugmenot1234

Thank you sir for your guidance. But I have tested all these things and I came to knw that my IR emitter LED are working perfectly but the IR sensor may not be working. Can you tel me what is the model number of the the IR sensors given with the kit? and if posssible can you tel me where can i find the datasheet of the IR sensor? If I am not able to find the same sensor in the local market, can you tel me any other replacement of the IR sensor having same properties as the IR sensor given with the kit!!!
Thank you!!

westaust55

Last edited:

slurp

More specifically believe it is the TSOP1838 for 38kHz detection.
Are you sure, I thought hey used some other sensor. A TSL260R, which is an infrared light to voltage sensor. This looks like a better match to the profile of the photographs on the datasheet.

Best waiting until we get the response from Technical

Best regards,
Colin

bugmenot1234

Thankyou sir for the info.
I also wana know the part number of the phototransistor that has been used in the wheel encoder for counting the wheel count.?????