RF Remote control

Hi

I currently have an rf transmitter remote control that opens my garage door. I would like to make a new transmitter to fit on my push bike.

How do I find out what code my remote is transmitting so that I can design a new circuit? For example, can I somehow view the transmitted signal with an oscilloscope?

Thank you

papaof2

Your best option for a wireless remote is to find a local source or an online vendor that sells after-market remotes for the brand and model of garage door opener that you have.

Alternatively, you can get the wired keypad unit that mounts on the outside of the garage. While not as convenient as the wireless remote, it's usually cheaper and it simply wires across the push button inside the garage.

Building a wireless remote for a current garage door opener is much more complex than just reading a "code" and duplicating it. Most openers use more sophisticated systems.

John

boriz

One option:

Examine the RX circuit and find the ‘trigger’ signal that goes from the RF receiver to the motor driver circuit. This should be easy to generate with a Picaxe. Use the built in Picaxe IR protocols to create your own IR system. Hack an old keyfob IR car-door-unlocker and put a Picaxe 08m in it. Easy. :)