READADC Simulation

Fowkc

I'm not sure how much demand there would be for this, but I'd like to see the following options for READADC and READADC10 simulation:

1) Use values entered into simulator as it stands now
2) Every time the simulator reaches an ADC command, it opens a textbox asking for a reading
3) *What would be really, really good* The simulator is given a text file of values, reading each one in turn. In this way, you can easily test a programs reaction to different values over time.

Any thoughts?

Bloody-orc

it has already applied to the new programming editor beta. there you have sliders and all other interesting stuff one can use.

Fowkc

Yes, but as it stands the simulator is a bit limited. For instance the "generic" value which is used for several different commands. For instance, one of my projects involves a COUNT command followed by a READADC10 command. As it stands now, I have to break in the program after the COUNT, change the value I want the READADC10 to read, then break again to go back to the COUNT.
Here would be useful to have a seperate value you can set for each command (COUNT, READADC10 etc.), or have the simulator bring up an input box where you can enter a value each time if you choose to.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You can already do the equivalent of 2 by simply placing a breakpoint on the readadc line. The program will then halt on that line, allowing you to enter a new value before continuing the simulation.