for two days this week.

Might be useful to stock up on
all sorts of goodies?

e

Attachments

nick12ab

Their "last column" offer is on again,
How often does this happen then?

P.S. Doesn't this count as advertisement of a non-Rev-Ed commercial product/service? Never mind - it wouldn't as it's common for things like this to be mentioned and it's not like you're saying "BUY... OR ELSE".

Last edited:

John West

I'm not sure a pointer to a sale coming from a PICAXE contributor with nearly 4,000 comments to his credit falls under quite the same category as someone trying to pimp their commercial product in the forum. Unless perhaps eclectic owns Rapidonline, which BTW is a distributor of PICAXE products. Contributors here occasionally do point the rest of us to an item they think is of exceptional value (if they think it is of interest to other PICAXErs and not in direct competition with Rev Ed,) for which we're often grateful.

Last edited:

Jamster

I'm not sure a pointer to a sale coming from a PICAXE contributor with nearly 4,000 comments to his credit falls under quite the same category as someone trying to pimp their commercial product in the forum.
But remember, at least 2500 of those are saying:

1) Please post a high resolution photo of your setup
2) Please post a schematic of you design

For other forum members, here is the Datasheet: ...

And please Jamster, sort out your spelling.

e

John West

That's sorta what I'd figured, eclectic. :)

And perhaps Nick didn't notice that you are also a forum moderator, which in the blogging world means you can do no wrong.

---

That may well be true, Jamster, and I hope he has a template prepared with that info on it in order to save him some typing time. I should do the same.

Last edited:

Jamster

And perhaps Nick didn't notice that you are also a forum moderator, which in the blogging world means you can do no wrong.
Wow, I didn't notice that...

I'm surprised Westaust hasn't been promoted after all he's done

Congrats

Last edited:

Haku

This end column pricing giveaway, does that mean if there's an item you want which costs:

1+ = £0.53/unit
10+ = £0.3774/unit
25+ = £0.3417/unit
100+ = £0.3162/unit

You pay the £0.3162/unit price, so long as the order is over £50 using the end colum pricings?

And is that £50 inc. or ex. VAT?

MartinM57

You pay the £0.3162/unit price, so long as the order is over £50 using the end colum pricings?
And is that £50 inc. or ex. VAT?
1) Don't think so - I would take it to mean £50 or more using whatever columns your quantities dictate 2) If I'm reading it right it seems to say "£50 or more ex. VAT" :D

Last edited:

MartinM57

@Ec

How come you get emails from Rapid - I've signed up to all their email stuff and spend quite a lot with them p.a. and I've never received a Sales/marketing email from them :(

eclectic

@Ec

How come you get emails from Rapid - I've signed up to all their email stuff and spend quite a lot with them p.a. and I've never received a Sales/marketing email from them :(
Don't know. :-(

Perhaps they only send to poor folks like me who don't buy lots?

@Haku.
You're a night Owl, so perhaps you could log on after midnight and check,
or give them a bell tomorrow morning.

e

Haku

I'll check the site after midnight sometime and see if they show any specific details, if I can't find any I'll email them.

I did get an email from them this morning about this offer but ignored it as I don't know if I could find enough things I want/need from them and won't be around on Friday to place any orders anyway, the wire etc. I needed I already bought from them a few months ago. Though I might actually take a look after all.

eclectic

I've adjusted my browser page
and put on my best glasses.
Please see new image.

Ec

Did you hear about the two Monocles
that got together
and made a Spectacle of themselves?

Oh Gawd, I've just seen the Rapid code!

Perhaps it's just for me?

Attachments

MartinM57

You could just try it - put >£50 of random stuff in your basket, start the checkout, add the coupon code and see what happens (don't forget to then cancel the order :D)

Jamster

I think initials and names should have capital letters too ;)

Besides, you have the power to correct me now...

Last edited:

Haku

Thanks eclectic, so it appears you have to spend a minimum of £60 (inc.VAT) on items at the last column price rates, and postage is free for orders over £36 (inc.VAT) which is an added bonus :)

Haku

While we're on the subject of special time-limited offers, there's a new TI deals website and currently you can get a Chronos wireless wristwatch for half price, $24.50 including international postage - http://tideals.com/
I've ordered an 868 version, the number corresponds to the set frequency of the wireless comms; 433=worldwide, 868=Europe, 915=North America.

I know the guys who made the XRF radio modules have managed to get the watch to talk to an XRF module, so that's my goal, getting a Picaxe to talk to the watch through an XRF module.

Dippy

Jamster, the "Moderator" status is allocated by Rev-Ed themselves.
It merely allows a little more control. This was handy when we had a massive splurge in Spam coming from a certain place...
You'll notice, however, a very light touch in terms of moderating - even when threads get a bit bitchy.

"Senior member" is simply done on numbers. You could post "I blew up my MOSFET" 150 times and become a senior member. It doesn't actually mean you are technically better than a "New member" - it just means you talk a lot or are a Forumaholic :)

slimplynth

As a former Forumaholic it's been many months since I was forum drunk - all clean now :) Blimp is unfinished but :) I have made a couple of things, my favourite is a so far ineffective RF lost keyring finder - if anyone dares say 'Why didn't you go to the poundshop and buy a whistle one' - I'll whistle so loud the internet will literally crack. It sounds really easy on paper... (sorry feeling tipsy again :))

eclectic

As a former Forumaholic it's been many months since I was forum drunk - all clean now :) Blimp is unfinished but :) I have made a couple of things, my favourite is a so far ineffective RF lost keyring finder - if anyone dares say 'Why didn't you go to the poundshop and buy a whistle one' - I'll whistle so loud the internet will literally crack. It sounds really easy on paper... (sorry feeling tipsy again :))
Well come on Lee, post what you have so far.
It'll be like buying a round of drinks for the regulars. :)

e

slimplynth

:)It's not finished yet, well it might be but LR44 batteries are going to bankrupt me at this rate.. ill start a new thread when its done.

Jamster

Jamster, the "Moderator" status is allocated by Rev-Ed themselves.
It merely allows a little more control. This was handy when we had a massive splurge in Spam coming from a certain place...
You'll notice, however, a very light touch in terms of moderating - even when threads get a bit bitchy.

"Senior member" is simply done on numbers. You could post "I blew up my MOSFET" 150 times and become a senior member. It doesn't actually mean you are technically better than a "New member" - it just means you talk a lot or are a Forumaholic :)
I know that I just hadn't realised RevEd had 'Promoted him'

slimplynth

Mmm I'm using the Android app, I wrote more than a smiley face ??? It's not finished ec but I'm doing a vid for this one Haha