Radioshack 9V Recording Module Playback triggered with Picaxe 28x1

MaltiK

How do I trigger the Playback button with my Picaxe Output? How do I solder it, i mean onto the underneath of the button?

How do I solder/where do I solder? I have been struggling with this for days, please someone help?

the problem I have is the membrane thing,

Last edited:

eclectic

MaltiK

Do you have a schematic for your board?

If not,
please put your board in a flatbed scanner / scanner-printer,
and post a high quality photo, of BOTH sides.

e

BeanieBots

First thing is to identify were the 0v line is.
Then identify which line is the trigger.
Having found the trigger, measure the voltage on it when not triggered.
Then identify what volatge is used to trigger it. (ie pull down to 0v or pull up to some other voltage).
Once you have supplied us with this information, we will be in a much better position to assist with PICAXE interfacing.

EDIT: Never mind..you guys are trying to teach him how to figure things out for himself :)

Last edited:

boriz

Ah yes. I can see the little pad where the button goes. Like on a calculator keypad. Looks a little like an LDR.

Use a multimeter to establish if one of those pads is connected directly to 0v. If it is, then the solution should be simple. Either: AXE output > Diode > Pad. Or: AXE output > MOSFET > Pad.

MaltiK

OK I got it to work, for future reference, I followed the line on the board from the membrane to the right where it ends in a small test point (a contact point used by the manufacturer for testing the board), and i soldered on a resistor lead, and this was connected to the output of my Picaxe, success!! thanks for the help guys