Question about the current version of Manual 2

I downloaded the latest version of manual 2 and in page 4 I found the following:

"Please see section 1 of the manual (‘Getting Started’) for installation details and tutorials. This manual was prepared using version 5.2.3 of the Programming Editor software."

If it is an oversight it is not important but I wat to be sure that I have the latest version.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
That's a typo or simply an oversight in editing. The best identification is at the bottom of each page next to the Revoltuon logo. Latest version is "Version 6.9 06/2009".

Buzby

A typo in Manual 1, Page 16, 'M' parts : 'control of radio-control servos' appears twice.

( After me not RTFM, and missing something I should not have asked about, I decided to read every page of every manual :eek: )

Not a serious typo, but it proves I'm reading closely !.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Thanks for that, I've made a note of it.

It's having the stamina and focused attention to read every word of every page and not 'zone out' which I find hard, especially when there are other things on one's mind as well. I find one ends up reading things as they should be and not as they are. I don't envy professional proof-readers. Especially as typo's diminish and become like needles in haystacks to find.

Dippy

I agree , proof reading is a chore. Eyes glaze over ... the kettle boils ... and things are bound to slip through.
And if you are too close to the product then this often results in descriptive oddities.

These things are often spotted when someone is concentrating on a particular aspect in the Manual and sees a 'funny'.

So, My Question:
Is there a specific FORUM place where typoes or other mistakes (or maybe even suggestions?) SPECIFICALLY relating to the Manuals can be placed?
Many have been reported in the past put still seem to appear in subsequent Manuals.

Proof-reading etc is one thing, putting it right is usually the next logical step.

Now then, this previously reported 'funny' has been with us for a while:
Re: Terminal.
"This can be useful whilst debugging data - view the uploaded data in the PICAXE>Terminal window. There is an option within View>Options>Options to automatically open the Terminal windows after a download."

As everyone, except me, knows this should read: "View>Options>Editor(tab) to automatically..." etc.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
This Active Forum is perhaps the best place to note typo's. Posting in the other forums may create a level of 'noise' that is undesirable once resolved, though such posts could be deleted when the typo is resolved. I've noted all your points and will pass them along.

Dippy

OK.

It was just that there is a section for things for the Programming Editor.

Maybe a shiny section for things associated with the Manuals/ Other Documentation / Example Code?

It's easy for typo mistakes and out-of-date examples etc to get through as we all know and understand. (Believe me, I should know...)

It would be a nice forum section that would be easily look-uppable by code/documentation Authors for next releases.

It's merely a thought/suggestion and I don't wish to stimulate any sensitive nerves.