Pullup Command 28x2

rmtucker

Can anyone tell me which pins on a 28x2 the instruction Pullup on would apply to?.
The manual explains what it does on a 28x2-5v or 3v but what about the new 28x2?.
Would it replace the resistor on my inputs (all 12 of them on port A and C)?.

cdngunner

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it is still best to use external resistors.

Last edited:

Dippy

"Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it is still best to use external resistors. "
- depends on your App.
I was trying to say that over a year ago and I'm still saying it.
I'm just about to give up saying it :)

Edit:
Oh, you've edited your post and deleted that link.
Why have you done that??

Dippy

rmtucker...
Well I'm glad you know what's going on :)

Re: Your question in Post#1. Isn't the Manual clear in what is set by pullup?
I'm not going to cut'n'paste the Manual , but it seems pretty clear and I'm often critical.
What is unclear?
What is wrong with simply trying it ?

Why external resistors?
In many cases the weak pullups are ideal.
Like I have said several times; it depends on the App.
Anyway, you've made a decision. Excellent.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'd definitely echo what Dippy says, both in "depends on application" and that "in many cases the weak pullups are ideal", and where they can be used they save external resistors and having to fit them.

In fact, as they are so useful in saving effort, I'd approach the issue as, must I use external pull-ups ? If not, then whoopie, working out the command to use is often a whole lot easier than adding resistors :)

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
If I can use the search function, I figured so could he.

No use handing everything over on a golden platter.
Hmm ... first we have to guess where you were searching, what the search criteria was, whether we've found the link intended ...

Maybe your link contained something important others hadn't realised, maybe it contained nonsense, but how will we ever know ;-)

Unless forcing others to put in the effort for a good reason ( coursework, enforcing learning ) it's usually best to provide links when you have them, then everyone's on the same page, and it's always good to see what others are saying or claiming.