project28 project board 103resistor array

dennis shubert

I have a 28 project board 103g resistor array picaxe 20-1 the board ahas a 9 pin a 10 k pull down reesistor array installed on inputs c0 thru 7 as a minimum operating circuit. I want to use the sda-scl-hi2c on pins c.3 and 4 BUT I will need pull up resistors on these lines not pull down. Data sheet states that to use these pins for i2c etc.. the resistor would have to be removed. My de-sauldering tool does not work very well or at all on these small pins, it heats and (sucks) but don't want to heat board too much. So QUESTION can I just wiggle back and forth and remove the resistor and then incorporate the pull down resistor in my other circuit design. OR would prefer to just take a pair of snips and just cut it in half between r-4 and 5 leaving 5-6-7 pulled down for input pins and pins 0-4 floating. I qwould like to use the 28 board for master and other picaxe ic as a slave and use cL126... eproms, but i need sda scl etc... any help or suggestion would be appreciated answer here or

Address removed by eclectic

I just set this account up, hope I am posting in the correct palce. Thanks in advance. Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the forum

The AXE022P prototoboard would be much easier to use in this situation.
www.picaxe.com/products/axe022p

You could snip, but that may well not work as the resistors may not be aligned as you expect inside the casing. Removing it all together by cutting off would probably be better.

westaust55

Others have previously reported that when they tried to snip off parts from such resistor SIL arrays that the body of the array may shatter/break at other than the desired point resulting in other broken resistor elements.
A recommended approach, if you have fine snips/cutters is to try a remove just the leg portion under the body of the array.

However, I concur with Technical and also use the AXE022 proto board which provides specific places on the board to add the i2c bus pull-up resistors and also includes an i2c EEPROM socket.