Programming Editor wish

Svejk

The collapsing block in PE is a great feature. However when a file is opened all blocks are collapsed by default. The same collapsing occurs when the programm is simulated.

I know it won't be easy [but it's not impossible] to make PE to remember which blocks were collapsed and return to that state when the file is opened or simulated, but can we, please, have this feature added?

PS:One small bug: Having two labels with the same name, first of them being comented, the quick find combobox points to the comented one. For example:

Code:
' Label:

Label:
PE 5.2.10

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Using 5.2.11 all files have collapsed blocks expanded on open for me. I'm not sure if this is a change from 5.2.10 so may be worth trying an upgrade. If that's not it we will have to look into why behaviour differs.

It may be possible to alter the behaviour of the combo box label search though it's only in this unusual situation that it's an issue. The Explorer will cycle through 'label:' definitions so find stop on both entries while the combo box stops only the first. One work round ( and usual practice ) is not to comment out the 'label:' but only the code associated with that label.

Svejk

Thanks for reply Hippy.

The behaviour doesn't differ between versions. The feature that I asked for is that PE will remember which blocks were expanded and which aren't when I reopen the file. I'm currently working with a 1000+ lines code and every time I'm simulating it expandes all blocks making navigation through the file a bit difficult.