Programming Editor issues

Haku

For the most part the Programming Editor is easy to use and the extra functions such as simulation, PWM wizard etc. are very welcome, however there are two issues regarding editing code that bug me no end:

1: Scroll bar behavior; the horizontal bar is always there and can be scrolled far beyond almost any single line length that anyone will ever create, even when there's no code in the window. When you scroll the vertical bar to the bottom it scrolls the code up so far that you only see the last line.

2: Limbo zone at the end of the code; if you're editing code and you move the cursor to the very end of the last line and press the right arrow, the cursor goes into "limbo" where whatever you type doesn't appear and the only way to get it back via the keyboard is to press the left arrow (sometimes holding it down if you pressed the right arrow too much) or the up arrow.

Can we expect to see these fixed one day?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
No one has ever mentioned this before, we will look into it. As to remarks we have already explained that in a previous thread!

Haku

Thank you, I hope things can be fixed without too much trouble.

Also, see this is bit here, click and drag it right to the middle of the window:

Now do the same with this bit here, click and drag it down to the middle of the window:

You should now be seeing 4 editable copies of the same code, which with a bit of careful scrolling allow you to see different parts of the code in each window.

Is that for being able to look at two or 4 different parts of the same code?

NXTreme

While you're at it, I have another "feature" that might be worth looking into. The Programming Editor displays the time and date at the bottom right part of the window, however, on all three computers I've run it on, the numbers get cut off. Happens on 1366x768, 1280x800 and 800x600 screen sizes.

Time&date.jpg

Last edited:

techElder

Sometimes it even refuses to accept the "ENTER" key to add a new line. Most often after a paste of code at the end.

2: Limbo zone at the end of the code; if you're editing code and you move the cursor to the very end of the last line and press the right arrow, the cursor goes into "limbo" where whatever you type doesn't appear and the only way to get it back via the keyboard is to press the left arrow (sometimes holding it down if you pressed the right arrow too much) or the up arrow.

PS. Don't forget to work on an alignment routine for the remarks while you're in there working on this. Heck, you already detect the remarks, because you've colored them green.

Last edited:

papaof2

PS. Don't forget to work on an alignment routine for the remarks while you're in there working on this. Heck, you already detect the remarks, because you've colored them green.
I'll assume you've never written any text processing/formatting programs, since you don't appear to understand the level of difficulty involved in placing characters in specific locations on a line versus recognizing a specific character (such as ') and letting Windows do the work of changing the color of the text. The difference is comparable to the difference in changing a tire on an 18-wheeler versus making a phone call to get someone to come and change the tire for you.

John

Texy

Technical, please do not divert R & D time away from the 'connect' feature - surely much more important (and useful) than these minor issues:D

Texy