Programming Editor 6 Beta Version 6.0.6.1

I have been using 5.5.6 Program Editor till yesterday, then I tried the PE6 Beta.....what a pleasant surprise and how different, even fresh it is. ;)

It demonstrates a lot of work by somebody(s?) and I was unable to see an area where it might be "weak". Many thanks to all concerned.:)

I will leave 5.5.6 installed - just in case - but I have a feeling that it will not be needed.....

Regards to all concerned

Andy

I have found a couple of bugs, one is that the editor saves, un-wished, sometimes many identical copies of a .bas program, but with a "Tilde" in the first position. They are also impossible to erase with the editor, I must use windows explorer.

Also, in the box in the lower left hand corner, an outline of the PICAXE chip is shown, I am using 28X1, so I cannot say if others are also affected, but the 28X1 is only shown complete when it is made REALLY tiny, but then it is unreadable.

I can make the window bigger, it does not help. The chip needs to placed better in that box. Its really only optical....as I haven't checked any functions associated with that box yet.....

Its still a great piece of software.....thanks.

Andy

Mark.R

Can I just add the same, have been using the version 5.5.5 on and off for a long time and thought earlier this week I would see what the new V.6 was like. Love it and can only wait for the full finished and tested version.

Well done to all that have been working on it.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I have found a couple of bugs, one is that the editor saves, un-wished, sometimes many identical copies of a .bas program, but with a "Tilde" in the first position. They are also impossible to erase with the editor, I must use windows explorer.
These are the automatic backups - File>Options>Backup to configure

Also, in the box in the lower left hand corner, an outline of the PICAXE chip is shown, I am using 28X1, so I cannot say if others are also affected, but the 28X1 is only shown complete when it is made REALLY tiny, but then it is unreadable.
28X1 displays ok for us, have you realised you can zoom the image using the zoom buttons if using a small screen size?
You can also move the simulation panel - e.g. resize it or pull it out so that it is floating and it can then be any size you want.

These are the automatic backups - File>Options>Backup to configure

28X1 displays ok for us, have you realised you can zoom the image using the zoom buttons if using a small screen size?
You can also move the simulation panel - e.g. resize it or pull it out so that it is floating and it can then be any size you want.
I have changed the backups to make fewer of them, thanks for the tip.

With regards to the simulation display, it is still wrongly displayed - not centered - but it comes over as a bit of "bells and whistles" that few need, so my first thought was "Do I care?". But then I thought, it must have a use or no one would have programmed it, so I played around with locations on the screen and docked or not, I still could not get the display either to center or to understand why its useful.......its just a waste of screen to me still, so I guess I am missing something.....by the way, did you check using a 28X1? I looked at several chips and found many are not correctly centered (only the 8 pin chips are beautifully centered by the way!), some are missing the bottom line of the drawing in most sizes it would seem....optically not what I personally would like...but thats just me.....it looks half finished.
Sorry
Regards
Andy

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I still could not get the display either to center or to understand why its useful.......its just a waste of screen to me still, so I guess I am missing something.....by the way, did you check using a 28X1? I y
We still do not understand what you mean.
The simulation drawing is essential to most people for the on-screen simulation process, you click on the inputs to switch them on/off and you watch the colour of the outputs to see if they are on or off. You right click over an input to change it's byte value (e.g. for readadc).

Attached is a screenshot of a 28X1, it appears as we would expect - centered in the box.

Attachments

We still do not understand what you mean.
The simulation drawing is essential to most people for the on-screen simulation process, you click on the inputs to switch them on/off and you watch the colour of the outputs to see if they are on or off. You right click over an input to change it's byte value (e.g. for readadc).

Attached is a screenshot of a 28X1, it appears as we would expect - centered in the box.
Thanks for the picture, can you now see that the bottom part of the chip is hidden? But the top half is displayed. If you play around with the size, you will see only when it is tiny that the whole chip is displayed......if you find it optically acceptable, then I will top mentioning it.....but I would have made the space around the chip identical top and bottom myself......

Have a great day

Andy