Printing on paper versus reading on screen

wapo54001

Perhaps this problem is unique to my particular arrangement, but:

When I print directly to my color laser from the Picaxe editor, the text is too light for me to read. I have started copying the code to Microsoft Word, selecting the whole program, and boldfacing it before printing. When I do that, everything becomes quite readable. The Picaxe Editor is the only program that requires me to do this in order to produce readable text on paper.

There is another program -- ExpressPCB -- which has a similar problem: The color (yellow) which denotes pcb edges is very readable on screen but totally useless when printed to paper. I find myself changing the yellow to blue before printing, then changing it back to yellow to continue working on screen.

My request is this: could we have two separate color & font setups so that a user could change the print setting to make the program more legible without changing the on-screen appearance?

grim_reaper

You don't say which colours are causing you problems. I can only guess that you are using the default editor fonts and colours? I tried a test print from my editor and it looked fine - but that's probably because I changed the font and some of the colours when I installed PE6 and have no idea what the default ones are now!

As an interim solution, have you tried selecting 'Print in Black & White' or 'Print in Grayscale' from your printer options? That might give a clearer, although less colourful, output?