plain file editor

pleiser

slightly off PICAXE topic but for a PICAXE project, does anyone know of a plain file (not plain text) editor?

I am making a PICAXE laptop (as mentioned in previous posts) and am thinking of using an alfat sd card reader, and want to make programs (on the PICAXE laptop), store then in an sd card, and be able to view then in a (non PICAXE) computer. for example I create a file (with the picaxe) called exampleprogram.prg (or something like that), save it to the sd card, plug the sd card into the computer and view the program. I would store the program like "1" (without the quotes) is a command for high, "2" for low ect. is there any program I can view files like that on (a plain text editor would not work, I need a non ascii version)?
~patrick

P.S. is there a cheaper alternative to the alfat?

geoff07

I'm not quite sure what you are planning but I think what you want is a hex editor. Typically they show both the binary data represented as hexadecimal and/or octal and also the ascii conversion. There are many about that you can search for, some free some not.