picaxe using sensors

I want to use picaxe with mems sensors. I see a lot of help if you use the arduino.
I have also searched the threads and found some help there. Any further suggestions ?

rq3

I want to use picaxe with mems sensors. I see a lot of help if you use the arduino.
I have also searched the threads and found some help there. Any further suggestions ?
Suggestions? Sure. What kind of MEMS sensors? Output? Analog? Digital? Measuring what? Acceleration, magnetic field, optical irradiance, gamma flux, voltage, current, angle. Your question is akin to "which way is up".

The kind of sensors are accelerometers, magnetometers, gyros, barometric pressure sensors. Outputs I expect will be digital or analog. Some sensors have so many special features, it is hard to ask for and get the basic information. I've got an RTC to wok well, and an EEPROM for recording data. Some Temperature sensors are easy to use with the READTEMP picaxe instruction. I try to use SPARKFUN breakouts for certain sensors.

inglewoodpete

Ie Larry, please provide links to the datasheet or product that you are REALLY interested in, so that (voluntary) forum members can help without wasting their time.

sparkfun.com/sensors breakout is mma8452q sen 12039 triple-axis accelerometer I've had problems getting output. of course using 14m2 picaxe code

I've been working on a number of sensor breakouts. I am using a PICAXE 14M2 to talk to the sensors and other devices. I have also been working on tri-axis accelerometer mma8452q. Have not been able to get data from the sensor. I realized eventually that the max volt of the sensor was 3.6.
My picaxe can also run on 3.0 volts. Also sda and scl have to be less than Vcc volt. I am trying to get any output for any axis. If necessary I will buy another mma8452q to work on. I did find some sample code on the FORUM using the mma8452q but still I had problems.

my initial plan is to avoid using interrupts and to check outputs every second or so. Depending on output data, I would turn on some leds. Later I would refine this to use data to provide stabilization data for a device.

rq3

my initial plan is to avoid using interrupts and to check outputs every second or so. Depending on output data, I would turn on some leds. Later I would refine this to use data to provide stabilization data for a device.
Are you using a breakout board, or attempting to fab this yourself? The device uses I2C data, so will need nominal 4.7K pullup resistors from the I2C lines to the positive supply.

I haven't used this device, but I have used Freescale barometers with a Picaxe. Nor have I looked at the data sheet for your accelerometer. But, again, the barometer needed a lot of initiation to "wake up" and spit data. May be the same thing here.

Rip

rq3

I am using the Sparkfun breakout board . I think I have verified the 4.7 k pull-up resistors.

I just took a look at the datasheet. As I suspected, it looks a lot like other Freescale I2C devices, and you have a lot of handshaking to do before the device will provide data.

I have just printed out about 10 pages from the freescale Product Training Module on
the MMA845xQ accel. family. I will study these pages and then give this project another try !!!
thnx for all the help.