PICAXE URF and ERF Modules

Grogster

Agree with both posts above - fantastic, Technical! :eek:

This will make setting the modules up much easier - they arrived the other day, but I have not had a chance to play with them yet...

jinx

i need a longer cable can the USB Extension Cable be enterconnected like using 2 or 3 together

would these modules still work happy if they are as close as a 6 inchs too each other

Grogster

How many meters in total are we talking here?

If it were me, I would want to have the modules further apart then 6 inches.
They may well work OK that close together, but it is generally a good idea to have at least one room's width apart from any modules while you test them.

Other members here in the know will be able to advise you better then I in this respect, but this is the general rule that I work on when testing RF modules.

Haku

would these modules still work happy if they are as close as a 6 inchs too each other
During range testing with XRF modules with their ATPL radio TX power level setting at default +10dBm they had to be over a foot away or further before the signal would get through ok.

Ciseco modules might work at 6 inches if you set the power level to -30dBm but there's only one way to find out - try it :)

baron

Really need some help here chaps, sorry if this is a stupid question, googled, searched this forum, been at it all evening.

Trying to use ERF/SRF to program 28X2 Shield Base (Axe401). Modules are connected OK, I can send and receive data using PE serial terminal or CoolTerm, no problem.

What I can't seem to get to work is programming: "Error - hardware not found on COM6". I have the ERF's TX and RX connected to their opposite numbers on the board i.e. C.6 and C.7 (S.0 and S.1) and have tried the H3 and H4 jumpers in both positions.

Have I just got the thing connected up wrong?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I have the ERF's TX and RX connected to their opposite numbers on the board i.e. C.6 and C.7 (S.0 and S.1) and have tried the H3 and H4 jumpers in both positions.

Have I just got the thing connected up wrong?
Yes, you need to connect direct to the PICAXE programming pins (TXD and RXD), not C.6 and C.7.
The easiest way to do this would be by two wires, one each to the bottom pin of headers H2 and H3. See page 8 of the datasheet.

baron

See page 8 of the datasheet.
Many thanks Technical, seems obvious looking at it now, not so at 11pm last night after hours of head scratching. Wire on bottom pin of header, no jumper. Give it a bash when I get home. Sorry for noob question. For future reference is this an appropriate place or should I have started a new thread?