PICAXE project submit not working?

pleiser

Hi, I am trying to use the project submit here: http://www.picaxe.com/Project-Gallery/Submit but the submit button is not working. it correctly tells my when a field is unfilled, but when all fields are filled it just sits there, no matter how many times I click submit, nothing happens.
does anyone else have this problem? How do I get it to work?
thanks,
~Patrick

nick12ab

Hi, I am trying to use the project submit here: http://www.picaxe.com/Project-Gallery/Submit but the submit button is not working. it correctly tells my when a field is unfilled, but when all fields are filled it just sits there, no matter how many times I click submit, nothing happens.
does anyone else have this problem? How do I get it to work?
Could you please post a screen shot, because I don't want to try submitting some nonsense for it to actually work and for it to then waste Rev-Ed's time.

Have you agreed to the terms and conditions and put your e-mail address in the relevant textbox?

pleiser

when looking back to the page it was in to take a screenshot it says that it has been sucessfully submitted, it must have just taken a really long time to load (several minutes +) :eek:
I wonder if it wil have been submitted several times now? :eek:
thanks anyway :D
~Patrick

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I wonder if it wil have been submitted several times now? :eek:
There were around one hundred duplicate submissions in the moderation queue so you'll have a number of rejection emails to accompany the submission acceptance.

We will look to see if we can identify what the issue was but are seeing other (single) submissions and have not seen reports of the problem from others.

inglewoodpete

FWIW, I work for an ISP in Australia. On occasions, we have found that long distance file transfers fail due to server time-outs. Due to Australia's remoteness from many major data servers, particularly in Europe and the USA, latency can be a problem. It's not actually the distance that the data travels but the number of routers that it must traverse, each adding a little queuing and packet/address analysis delay.

In addition to this normal long-distance latency, using a wireless (mobile/cellphone) data connection at either end of the connection will add enough latency to make data transfers unreliable. Often the data eventually reaches its destination but the handshake packets do not reach the server and/or client before a time-out occurs.

I can't say what the problem was in this case. Internet browsers can be flakey at the best of times. However, it can be beneficial for operators of web servers to increase the timeout limits on servers where long distance uploads and downloads are expected.