Picaxe Programmer assembler function.

WHITEKNUCKLES

In radiogareth's thread on 06-04-20013

I posted
I have been trying to use the convert to assembler function with the programmer attached but get "Error 53" then "compiler path invalid" then :\.........\picprog\wstamp16.exe"

Technical's comment.
wstamp16 is an old 16 bit exe, and so won't run on modern 64 bit systems. It will be updated in PE6.

I have tried again to use the convert to assembler function with the programmer attached but this time using a Windows XP laptop with the following result.

"Error 53" then
"compiler path invalid" then
"c:\Program files\programming editor\picprog\wstamp16.exe"

The programmer functions properly using Hex files from a different compiler.

I would appreciate any help.

Dave

besupreme

You may try a workaround I used for OLD 16 bit programs on the XP machine.
Worked on all 16bit DOS & WIN3 software for me, even when I was told it won't.

Reinstall in a path where all folders have max 8 bytes names and the path including the program name is less than 28 bytes.
Like, "C\SOFT\PICAXE\..."

I had found that sometimes the OS decides to translate, for example, "C:\program folders\..." to either "C:\PROGRA~1\..." or to "C:"\"program folders"\... which then confused its file handling. At least when files are opened "Real Programmer" style instead of file handling with fancy window clicking stuff ;)

I cannot tell if this works here, but I got things working like a S5 and a Modicon 484 programmer and the old Interbus config tool I sometimes had to use for maintenance.