Picaxe Manual PDFs

greencardigan

I'm still having the same issue. Many of the links on the contents page are going to the wrong page.

I'm using Adobe Reader 7.0.3.

westaust55

Confirmed myself that the links on the contents pages are agin not working correctly.

Was working when just manual 1 and 2 were updated and while I was in Canada (not sure what revision I was using there).

Now back in Oz today, the PC I am at right now had Acrobat Reader V7.1.0 and contents page links went to wrong pages :(. Just updated to V9.0.0 and still the same problem.:(

So think this is a function of the PICAXE manuals not the Acrobat reader

premelec

I wonder if there is some place, in table form, comparing all the PICAXE's capabilities - I looked in the new manuals and the information seems more dispersed [e.g. Man 1 p 12 p90].

Just the basics like program lines, memory, speed, I/O pins in compact form - I seem to remember that someone posted such on this forum too but haven't found it again.... It should all fit on one page....

More detailed information on the individual 'AXEs could be longer and compacted on one page per unit [perahps 2 units per page for simpler ones...].

Just to sort out more easily wich 'AXE will do the job at hand... It looks like all the information is there just dispersed a bit much... I still love the PICAXE line!

westaust55

I wonder if there is some place, in table form, comparing all the PICAXE's capabilities - I looked in the new manuals and the information seems more dispersed [e.g. Man 1 p 12 p90].

Just the basics like program lines, memory, speed, I/O pins in compact form - I seem to remember that someone posted such on this forum too but haven't found it again.... It should all fit on one page....

More detailed information on the individual 'AXEs could be longer and compacted on one page per unit [perahps 2 units per page for simpler ones...].

Just to sort out more easily wich 'AXE will do the job at hand... It looks like all the information is there just dispersed a bit much... I still love the PICAXE line!

Is this the thread you are thinking about:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9422

premelec

Yes thanks... that was it... Stan's attempt to make some order of the family!

I guess I'd also like a 'data sheet' sort of thing for each PICAXE listing it's capabilities and foibles in detail since I've seen a number of interesting pokes mentioned etc... The 14M has an Appendix listing in Man 1 listing Portc stuff - anyhow it would be nice to have it all in one place for each unit....

westaust55

Rev_Ed also have a basic datasheet giving a summary of the PICAXE models (not as extensive as Stan's) and also the BASIC commands each can use.

It can be found on the Rev Ed site using the menu at left side of screen under Picaxe Information / Picaxe Comparison

This one is out of data (2004 vintage). Maybe time for Technical to arrange for it's update as does not cover the X1 parts

See this datasheet at:

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/axe001_pinout.pdf

Last edited:

wapo54001

Technical,

This is an exceedingly minor point but, in the last revision, something changed that you might want to change back.

Previous versions of the manual opened with the bookmarks column on the left open with all bookmarks displayed.

With the new manuals, the bookmarks column to the left does open, but it opens with only the "Contents" label displayed, and you have to click on it to see the actual bookmarks. It's a trivial thing, but I would appreciate a manual which displays all of the bookmarks as soon as it's opened. Can that be arranged?