Picaxe kits

rigidigital

I had no trouble setting up picaxe 08M on bread boards.

Can I do this as simply with the 20M and other more powerful picaxe chips.

I have heaps od bead boards but the more pwerful picaxe kits I purchasded had lots more electrical components on them.?

chipset

I dont see why not. In all reality they are pretty much all the same they just have more i/o's. Granted bread boarding it will get pretty involved but if you deal with it circuit by circuit its nothing different.

Oh and the larger picaxe boards have all that extra stuff for development but if you make your own all that stuff doesnt necessarily need to be there.

rigidigital

ok Ill see how i go.

I was going to go the Parallax way, they have heaps of books giving a good grounding in electronics but their basic stamps are in my opinion are far to expensive for my hobby.
But they do sell pwerfull uhf tranceivers which I intend to purchase.

I was going to go the Parallax way, they have heaps of books giving a good grounding in electronics but their basic stamps are in my opinion are far to expensive for my hobby.
But they do sell pwerfull uhf tranceivers which I intend to purchase.
I was too going for the basic stamp, but i decided for the Propeller. Picaxe and the propeller makes a powerful combo. (pixace handles ADC, EEPROM storage, ect. While the propeller does all of the hardcore processing)

cvrwy

The main reason I left Parallax was.........
The high cost of their MCUs.....
The fact that they discontinued all transceivers.
They only offer a Bluetooth module, a 433 Mhz receiver and a 433 Mhz transmitter.