Picaxe 8-40 pin programmer with ZIF sockets

jclements

I am trying to locate a PIXAXE 8-40 pin programmer with ZIF socket(s). I have the 28 pin development board but dislike having to concern myself with bent and broken pins. Can anyone point me to a programming board like the ones you find for the PIC family of controllers?

If it comes in a kit that is fine. If it is only the circuit board and parts list\instructions that is fine also.

Thanks,

John

westaust55

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

I am not aware of a board in assembled or kit form specific to the PICAXE chips with ZIF sockets for the entire range of PICAXE parts.
The AXE091 has three/four machined socket positions capable of handling all PICAXE parts but there would not be sufficient space at the end of these to allow replacement with ZIF sockets.

Some folks here have made their own baords specific to their needs and I suspect you may be up for doing the same including the programming download circuit for each socket.

Keep in mind that a single larger socket as used on the AXE091 development board can be utilised for several of the M and M2 parts.

jclements

Thanks for the quick responses. I like the MCU-Universal zif socket, it definitely has potential. Now to get it from AU to my military APO AP address ............

john2051

Hi, Couldn't you raise up the on board 40pin socket by inserting ordinary ic sockets. One might do the trick, then you could insert the zif into that.
regards john