PE6 and Debug

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, you can use them with any software that supports COM ports, including PE5 and PE6.

Asimov

Thanks for the quick response. In the PE6 manual there is a flow chart three commands long under the debug command description. When I try this in PE6 it does not work? Over URF/ERF or USB serial?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
What doesn't work - do you have the Code Explorer tab on right visible to see the changing numbers?

Asimov

Yes, the code explorer is open to the right of the screen. The debug button turns orange suggesting it is active and it says "waiting for data" at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. All of the variables remain zero in value and there does not appear to be any activity from either URF or ERF in terms of data transfer. I have an LED from from DTR to ground via a 10k resistor, so I can see that there is no data activity from the ERF. I can calibrate an analogue sensor wirelessly perfectly fine, and only after I have closed the calibration wizard does the debug work.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
That sounds a bit strange as both calibration and debug actually use exactly the same communication routine.
Which chip are you using, let us know and we will test it.

Asimov

Guys, I've sorted it. I had debug disabled in the flow chart :-/

Sorry to waste your time.

Can't thank you enough for the prompt support you provided, and the ERF and URF modules are absolutely superb. They transmit through a three story house without any problem, totally amazed for their size and power.

Thanks again