PE 6.0.6.2 Pulsout confusion

AndersK

I think there's a print error in the manuals regarding pulsout command

From manual page 19:
"The time is in 10ms intervals, but for easier reading, the text area in the command converts this to milliseconds as the time is entered into the command."

Manual 2 page 4 says 10 micro s (seems to be correct):
"PULSOUT pin,time

- Pin is a variable/constant which specifies the i/o pin to use.
- Time is a variable/constant which specifies the period (0-65535) in 10us units
(at 4MHz resonator)."

It doesnt seem to convert to ms as stated in manual 2 either.
flowchart3.jpg

I've spent hours trying to get a device working by increasing the pulseout value step by step but even setting it to 1000 didnt do much when should have been around 10 000 ;)

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, the manual4 statement is incorrect, this is a cut and paste error from the older Logicator manual. Sorry about that, we will correct it. PE6 uses the 10us multiples.

However entering a value of 1000 or 10000 should work fine. If you turn on flowchart BASIC diagnostics (File>Options>Diagnostics) you can see the BASIC generated for each command, and that is correct as shown in the screenshot attached.

Attachments

AndersK

Maybe I wasnt clear, sorry for my english...

the manual says it will convert the pulse length entered into ms for the cell label but that doesnt seem to work.
Whatever pulse I enter is also displayed as cell label

As I read the manual a value entered as 10 000 would give a label "Pulseout A.0, 100" (but of course basic code would still show 10 000)

My example of 1000 vs 10 000 was only to show how far off I was. Needed a pulse of about 50ms but couldnt get there so I tried with a value of 1000 just to push it, assumed it would be equal to 10s :rolleyes:.

I also posted some other questions about flowcharts that were unanswered
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?25481-Flowchart-questions

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
For PE6 the behaviour is to show whatever value you use within the pulsout command, it does not convert it to any other value, we will correct manual.

For a 50ms delay (50 000 us = 5000 x 10us) you do need to type in 5000 and this is what will be shown.

Sorry about the other missed post, have answered.

AndersK

Thanks
Would be a delighter if the value was converted to ms for the label still.
Easy way to see if man has done the math correct since most of us think in ms or s :rolleyes: