PANID or similar

skatt

I am now on first name terms with the ERF modules and have decided to add to the family.
Whats is a simplistic way to do a group identifier? I was thinking dip switches but am trying to keep the foot print small.

Haku

The Ciseco RF modules have PANID setting, ATID, which goes from 0000 (default) to FFEF.

The smallest way I can think of setting a PANID using hardware is by using a couple of resistors as a voltage divider, then use readadc at the start of the code to determine what ID that module is supposed to have.

skatt

Buzby, a lot of potential for your idea. Thanks.

Haku, I can set the PANID with the ERF wizard, but would like to be able to change the ID without having to access the programming to change settings. Thanks for your voltage divider idea. I could solder the resistors of different values to 2.5mm jack plugs and just change the plug to suit the ADC or maybe even use presets. Food for thought.

srnet

Depends how many IDs you want.

Push button and a LED, always useful to add to a circuit in any case.

Keep button pressed for a specific time to activate program mode. Then start flashing the LED, press the button after the appropriate number of flashes.

Also depends how often you might want to change the ID.