P H Anderson Website

Well thankyou Marcos for the abuse.

I have spent a couple of hours looking. I can find the address. The problem I get is that I cant load the site. I can visit other sites without a problem.

Just my logic - he may have changed his site. It might not work. good - he may have retied, packed up shop and pi**ed off.

Durr - hence the reason for the question. A simple it works or no its not there would have done.

The red face face - because every time I time i go on a forum and ask a (to me) reasonable question I get someone like you respond.

yet another forum with rude bad mannered people.

Just for you

marcos.placona

Didn't mean to be rude at all. you come to the forum, and say the website just vanished. A quick look on google returns it, and a quick visit tells me it's up and running. What should you expect?

I really didn't mean to sound harsh, and do apologize in case I sounded that way to you :)

Dippy

We're not ALL rude Clive.
... maybe a little 'blunt' sometimes eh.

Your first post said "I can't find it".
Your last post said "I can find the address. The problem I get is that I cant load the site."
Slightly different things yes/no?

Anyway, I hope the links that Myc and Marcos provided worked.
Then we can all calm down and get down to serious stuff yeah?

Well thankyou Marcos for the abuse.

The red face face - because every time I time i go on a forum and ask a (to me) reasonable question I get someone like you respond.

yet another forum with rude bad mannered people.

Just for you
I wonder why they pick on you.
I am new to this field and have learned a lot from people like Marco, Hippy, DrAcula, Dippy, ET all. And they were never rude even when my questions were about very basic electronic issues. Or when I committed atrocious grammatical errors. Or when my spelling showed that English is not my first language.
Maybe is because you ask before you try.

OK - Perhaps the original was a little short on information - I suppose that i said it had gone said it all. I will try to be more clear with the questions.

People have been very polite and very helpful. This is the first time I have had any. In truth I just assume that people would know I tried everything before asking the question.

I try what i can till i hit a wall, then search the internet and forums before i ask. You don't learn how to do something if people tell the answers.

Response is just frustration - i don't mean to be rude to anyone.

Just out of interest it must be me. Just got home tried to get onto the Anderson site and it times out as well. The odd thing is I visited it on Saturday. So maybe a local thing. Its stumped me!

Again thanks for the help.

Mycroft2152

I wonder why they pick on you.
I am new to this field and have learned a lot from people like Marco, Hippy, DrAcula, Dippy, ET all. And they were never rude even when my questions were about very basic electronic issues. Or when I committed atrocious grammatical errors. Or when my spelling showed that English is not my first language.
Maybe is because you ask before you try.
The "old kids on the block" on this forum will go out of thier way to help and assist with a problem. The key word is "assist". We do not do the project for you and we do not do school assignments.

BUT, there is a reasonable expection that the questioner will actualy appear make a little effort to solve the problem, and not just sit back and expect to be spoon fed the answers.

When that appears to happen, the responses tend to get rather "blunt".

It is very important to provide the forum a clear explanation of the problem with all the info needed, including what has been done, pictures and diagrams.

Myc

Last edited:

slimplynth

I have an old olympus digital camera here. Dr_Acula gave me the idea of using a picaxe 08M to control the taking of pictures and automatic deleting... also, to use SPI to transfer low res pics from the MMC to an EEPROM for subsequent transmission on a 433Mhz wireless/serial RF connection to anywhere in the world.

I'd be really grateful if someone/anyone could post the PCB schematics & SPI code I'll need (sorry I dont have the camera's model number, might not even be an Olympus - was hoping Hippy's crystal ball would help here)

If someone could also write the VB.Net software I'd be much obliged. Oh one more thing... I'd like to Mod my xbox 360's controller so I can cheat online and ruin everyone else's fun, could someone help with this too?

:D

westaust55

Without mentioning that every singles post coming from this guy comes with a :mad: face.

get a grip!!!!
Marcos,
If you look at Clives 9 other posts to date only this one has the "Mad" face.
Most have no smilee.
have at look at this thread by Clive:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=74365#post74365

Clive,
I have found times when I cannot get to a known website. I would not put up such a post unless I cannot get to it for a few days.
Internet overloads, ISP problems, and other gremlins can stop one getting thru temporarily.

moxhamj

Hey - clever site LizzieB. I have bookmarked that one. Sometimes even this forum is not available.

Re slymplynth "I'd be really grateful if someone/anyone could post the PCB schematics & SPI code I'll need (sorry I dont have the camera's model number, might not even be an Olympus - was hoping Hippy's crystal ball would help here)"

Sure mate. No problem. *rushes off to shed*

Should have it ready for you in, say, 2 years? *grin*

Last edited:

LizzieB

A couple of comments before anyone takes that site too seriously. It's hosted in the San Francisco Bay area, so your routing to a site may well be very different. It doesn't always get the right answer if the target site's server is up, but the site's scripting has broken.